Reader Question Round-Up Video, Consulting Edition
Well, going back like an archaeologist through old reader questions, I see that these two posts prompted a bunch of questions. So, in today’s video, I tackled four such inquiries. Always interesting fodder for me, personally, so thanks for asking.
By the way, if you have questions, please ask them. I’m letting this drive a lot of content for the blog these days. And, I’ve also settled on a more canonical way of asking people to submit them: a simple “ask” page.
So if you’d like to hear my take on something, head on over and submit a question.
This Week’s Picks
- I spent some time visiting family over the weekend, and stayed in a hotel in my childhood hometown. Specifically, it was a Courtyard Marriott, and it was a stand-out in terms of the service, even among the countless Marriotts I’ve occupied over the last 6 years. If you’re ever in the vicinity-ish of O’Hare and run across this place in your search, it’s a gem.
- Last Thursday, I did something that I now wish I’d done years ago. I un-synced all email from my phone. I can still get the emails on the device if I want them, but I have to actively pull them from the server, instead of having this pushed at me. I can’t tell you how great this is, both for avoiding distractions and for minimizing my hour-to-hour cognitive burden.
This Week’s Content Digest
- Here’s one last live blog that I did on the Sonatype site, this one about table stakes for DevOps.
- Amanda and I did a Facebook Live a while back, where we did an AMA-ish video on the slow travel lifestyle.
- On the Freelancers Show, we discussed the dark side of freelancing on a recent episode.
- And, finally, I did a Youtube Video for the Hit Subscribe channel about how to disclose affiliate links on your blog.