Reader Question Round-Up: Freelance Taxes, Billing International Clients, and More
It has now officially been over a month since I posted anything related to the software industry. Well, that ends today.
As I said in the video below, I’ll offer an explanation, but not an apology. I was on a vacation. After 2 and a half years of not ever taking a true vacation, we finally helped ourselves to one. And we made it count by taking something like 19 days.
But now I’m back and ready to resume normal content operations.
Today I’ve got a reader-question round-up video and digest. And this video even has some vacation B-roll in it, as I continue my slow trek away from complete video amateur status.
As a reminder, if you’d like to ask a reader question for me to answer in a video (or on the blog), you can ask here.
- One of the hardest things to do is watch sports as a cord cutter — especially a nomadic one. So anytime I stumble across something that helps, that goes down in the books as a win. So, I’ll throw a pick to SlingTV, which gets you access to ESPN (and other channels) for only $15 per month.
- This past week, someone introduced me to Polly, a Slack app that lets you create interactive/detailed polls. So, if you’re a barbarian like me and have been conducting polls by asking people to react with emojis to your message, there is a better way.
- I’m going to pick crock pot cooking this week. We came home from Thailand and find ourselves experiencing winter weather for the first time in a year, and making stews and stuff in the slow cooker takes the edge off.
- I recently live blogged a talk about the OWASP top 10 for All Day DevOps.
- Here was a Facebook Live we did about how we run Hit Subscribe. This happened back when it was warm enough for tank tops and hammocks.
- And here’s another one we did about what our lives are like, personally, as business owning digital nomads.
And, finally, here’s the reader question round-up.